First Time Use
We recommend that you fully charge your Solmate Fusion via a USB port for the first time before you begin to use the device.
Your Solmate Fusion charges optimally from solar energy when its solar panel is exposed to direct sunlight. The rate of charging is higher when the intensity of sunlight is more, for example, around noon on bright, sunny days. The presence of solar filters like cloud cover, fog, mist, shade, tinted (or stained) glass, etc, will affect the efficiency and rate of solar charging. Normal glass that is not tinted will also slightly reduce solar charging efficiency since it still filters sunlight.
The efficiency of solar charging is also affected by the angle of your device to the sun. Please adjust the orientation of your device as the relative position of the sun shifts through the day.
General Care Tips
· Do not subject your Solmate Fusion to high temperatures as this affects the performance of its lithium-ion battery. The optimal ambient temperature for charging lithium-ion batteries ranges from 0° to 45° C.
· Avoid leaving your Solmate Fusion in a locked car, especially on the dashboard, for long since temperatures can build up rapidly.
· Avoid contact of the Solmate Fusion with water and chemicals
· Always ensure that your device is stored in a cool dry place when not in use
· Do not dispose your Solmate Fusion in fire
· Avoid frequent full discharges of the battery. Performing several partial discharges and frequent recharges will prolong the life of your battery.
· Over time, the lithium-ion battery of your Solmate Fusion will lose some of its holding capacity like any other battery. This is normal for current generation lithium-ion chemistries.